# unfoldingWord® Greek New Testament (UGNT)
An open-licensed, lexically tagged, morphologically parsed critical Greek New Testament with full apparatus. It enables the global Church to have access to the original texts of the New Testament.
The UGNT text is based on the Bunning Heuristic Prototype Greek New Testament (BHP). See the full rationale for the BHP text here. Also, see http://www.greekcntr.org for more information.
Changes from the BHP
The UGNT text differs from the BHP in only a few respects, which are:
- Versification - The versification system used by the UGNT matches that of our ULT. Currently, there are two differences (shown below), but more are being made and will be listed here too.
- BHP does not have Acts 19:41 but UGNT does (see this commit).
- Whole Verse Additions - The text of the UGNT is identical to the BHP except that we include several verses that the BHP omits. These are wrapped in single brackets [like this]. The full list of verses that we include are:
- Matthew 16:3; 17:21; 18:11; 23:14
- Mark 7:16; 9:44; 9:46; 11:26; 15:28; 16:9-20
- Luke 17:36; 22:43-44; 23:17
- John 5:4; 7:53; 8:1-11
- Acts 8:37; 15:34; 24:7; 28:29
- Romans 16:24
- Partial Verse Additions - We are compiling a list of commonly used variants which we will include with existing verses. A list will be provided here when they are available.
- Metadata - The UGNT text includes various metadata to mark the text which create links to other content that our software uses. For example, we add links to our translationWords articles where appropriate (about 33,737 occurrences).
- We remove the English style quotation marks that the BHP has (see this pull request).